Is your FinTech ready to expand to the Asia Pacific Region?
The Asia-Pacific FinTech Roadshow to Hong Kong will take place November 4-9, 2019 and is presented by the U.S. Commercial Service
and Facilitated by PHM International
- Matchmaking U.S. FinTech companies and accelerators to Asia Pacific investors, leading financial technology companies, banks, insurance companies, and startups
- 8 to 10 private, pre-qualified one-on-one matchmaking meetings for each U.S. participant
- Sector Briefing by U.S. Embassy and Hong Kong Expert
- Networking Reception at U.S. Consulate General, Hong Kong
Why Hong Kong and Asia-Pacific’s FinTech Sector…
- 59.6% of the world’s population (4.58 billion) live in the APAC (Asia Pacific) region
- By 2020 Millennials and Generation X will control 50% of all investable assets.
- APAC’s unbanked population is large
- 73% in SE Asia or 438 million
- 250 million in India
- 500 million in China
- 75% of Asian consumers use a smartphone
- According to a 2019 FICO survey of APAC banks and bankers:
- 91% of risk officers see themselves behind banks in the US and Europe in terms of implementing AI technologies
- 68% see credit decisions will benefit most from AI and machine learning
- 74% fraud will increase moderately or significantly in 2019
- 50% of banks simply block cards on first fraud alert
- Fraud is the leading indicator for 80% while only 6% ranked customer satisfaction as their No. 1 metric!
- 80% of AML budges are related to headcounts…..done manually by large AML teams
- Six of the top 10 FinTech Hubs are in Asia
Cost benefits of participating in this Roadshow, a Certified Trade Mission
- The U.S. Consulate is the “convener of stature” for the Certified Trade Mission which lends a prestige to the event, helps guarantee the quality of the attendees, and limits the attrition prior to the event.
- Without the trade mission format it would be impossible to arrange and schedule up to 10 meetings in one day with pre-qualified Asia Pacific. It would require multiple days and multiple trips. This is a major benefit in terms of dollars, time, and energy saved.
- The same level of meetings would probably require a minimum of two to three trips to meet the same number of high-level people. Those additional trips are equivalent to many times more the cost than the Trade Mission in terms of airfare and hotel alone.
- Without U.S. Government support, and due to Hong Kong’s and the many APAC business environments, you would most likely need to hire an in-country representative, which would be a significant up-front cash expenditure.
- There are no commissions charged on any deal – investment, partnership, or sale you generate from the Trade Mission – ever.
- There is a cost in time and energy involved in identifying prospects, securing contact info, contacting the prospects, convincing them to meet and then coordinating the schedule in an efficient manner. The Trade Mission takes place on one and a half day and all the pre-qualified and vetted APAC FinTech companies come to you. This is a major advantage and a significant save in time, expense and opportunity cost. It is true: “Time is Money”.
Key Features of the Certified FinTech Executive Trade Mission
- Eight to 10 one-on-one personal meetings with APAC’s leading FinTech and financial companies and institutions
- Focused, structured, organized and pre-arranged private meetings
- Convened by the U.S. Consulate
- No commissions – ever
- Full contact information and background provided to all qualified attendees prior to all meetings
- Promotion of your firm to APAC’s FinTech and Financial sector
The Road Show will provide
- One-on-one meetings with leading APAC FinTech companies and the Hong Kong’s largest financial companies
- Close, direct interaction between U.S. and APAC FinTech executives
- Promotion of U.S. companies, accelerators and investors
- Introduce pre-qualified, vetted APAC FinTech companies
The U.S. Commercial Service is the trade promotion arm of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration. U.S. Commercial Service trade professionals in over 100 U.S. cities and in more than 75 countries help U.S. companies get started in exporting or increase sales to new global markets. To find out more about how the U.S. Commercial Service can help you achieve export success, visit www.export.gov.
Roadshow Co-Chairs will be selected from the APAC region’s leading financial institutions.
November 3 & 4, 2019
Arrival from U.S. and hotel check in
Monday, November 4
at delegate hotel
Hong Kong and APAC FinTech market briefing from leading industry experts, U.S. Commercial Service, and U.S> Consulate personnel
Tuesday, November 5
FinTech Innovation Lab Hong Kong*
Private coach from delegate hotel to U.S. Consul General Residence, Hong Kong Island
Reception, U.S. Consul General Residence
Private coach return to delegate hotel
Wednesday, November 6
at delegate hotel
- 08:45 – 12:00
U.S. company pitch and One-on-One meetings
Lunch U.S. and afternoon APAC companies
Welcome and Afternoon Briefing: Investment Opportunities in APAC FinTech (20 minutes)
Afternoon One-on-One meetings continue
Thursday, November 7
Hong Kong Fintech Week Conference*
Friday, November 8
- Train to Shenzhen for sector meetings* (cost not included)
* Hong Kong FinTech Week activities independent of the CTM Roadshow.
Past FinTech and Financial Sector Projects
PHM International has run several banking and financial technology projects in Brazil (3), Hong Kong, Australia, USA, and Mexico. Past Brazilian and U.S. companies that have been part of PHM International Brazil focused projects include Banco do Brazil, Itaú, VMware, IFC Bradesco, Banco Central, Chain, NetApp, FEBRABAN, ZL Technologies, Caixa Economica, Palo Alto Networks, Cielo, IBM, Plug and Play, Daon, Oracle, and more.