Is your FinTech ready for the next one?
- 90+ one-on-one FinTech meetings in one day in São Paulo, 12-14 per company
- Sector Briefing from leading Brazilian Companies
- Networking Reception and Dinner at U.S. Consul General Residence
- Do you want to join the next FinTech Roadshow?
- If you are a FinTech company and want to join the next FinTech Roadshow, let us know where you think the best location is for you..
- Take a short, confidential 2 minute survey. (Option to leave your name and get results.)
WHERE TO NEXT?
If you would like to participate in the next FinTech Roadshow, and are located in the U.S., please let us know your thoughts on location by completing this brief, confidential survey below or via this link:
The Brazil FinTech Roadshow in São Paulo was presented by the U.S. Commercial Service
and Facilitated by PHM International
Information, agenda, qualifications, costs of the Brazil FinTech Roadshow is noted below…..
- Matchmaking U.S. FinTech investors, companies and accelerators to Brazil’s leading financial technology companies, banks, insurance companies, and startups
- 8 to 10 private, pre-qualified one-on-one matchmaking meetings for each U.S. participant
- Sector Briefing by U.S. Embassy and Brazilian Expert
- Networking Reception at U.S. Consulate General, São Paulo
Why Brazil’s FinTech Sector…
- According to Finnovista, Brazil is home to the largest number of FinTech startups in Latin America
- Brazil ranks highest in EY’s 2017 FinTech Adoption Index for all of Latin America in
- Money transfers and payments
- Financial planning
- Savings and investments
- The number of startups in the sector has tripled in the last two years, according to Brazil’s FinTech association ABFintech
- “In Latin America and Brazil, a lack of banking services, high demand for credit and historically high interest rates have created a boom for entrepreneurs and investors seeking to develop FinTech market leaders. Thus, the impact from FinTech disruption is expected to be greater in Brazil than in many other countries because of its highly concentrated banking sector.” Financier Worldwide
- Although 85% of Brazilians live in cities, 40% remain excluded from traditional banking systems
- Advancing additional FinTech verticals such as insurtech, regtech and legaltech
- Fifth largest country in the world and home to the most tech-savvy populations in Latin America
- Brief FinTech market overview for Brazil
Cost benefits of participating in this Roadshow, a Certified Trade Mission
- The U.S. Consulate is the “convener of stature” for the Certified Trade Mission which lends a prestige to the event, helps guarantee the quality of the attendees, and limits the attrition prior to the event.
- Without the trade mission format it would be impossible to arrange and schedule up to 10 meetings in one day with pre-qualified Brazilian companies. It would require multiple days and multiple trips. This is a major benefit in terms of dollars, time, and energy saved.
- The same level of meetings would probably require a minimum of two to three trips to meet the same number of high-level people. Those additional trips are equivalent to many times more the cost than the Trade Mission in terms of airfare and hotel alone.
- Without U.S. Government support, and due to Brazil’s business environment, you would most likely need to hire an in-country representative, which would be a significant up-front cash expenditure.
- There are no commissions charged on any deal – investment, partnership, or sale you generate from the Trade Mission – ever.
- There is a cost in time and energy involved in identifying prospects, securing contact info, contacting the prospects, convincing them to meet and then coordinating the schedule in an efficient manner. The Trade Mission takes place on one and a half day and all the pre-qualified and vetted Brazilian FinTech companies come to you. This is a major advantage and a significant save in time, expense and opportunity cost. It is true: “Time is Money”.
Key Features of the Certified FinTech Executive Trade Mission
- Eight to 10 one-on-one personal meetings with Brazil’s leading FinTech and financial companies and institutions
- Focused, structured, organized and pre-arranged private meetings
- Convened by the U.S. Consulate
- No commissions – ever
- Full contact information and background provided to all qualified attendees prior to all meetings
- Promotion of your firm to Brazil’s FinTech and Financial sector
The Road Show will provide
- One-on-one meetings with leading Brazilian FinTech companies and Brazil’s largest financial companies
- Close, direct interaction between U.S. and Brazilian FinTech executives
- Promotion of U.S. companies, accelerators and investors
- Introduce pre-qualified, vetted Brazilian FinTech companies
The U.S. Commercial Service is the trade promotion arm of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration. U.S. Commercial Service trade professionals in over 100 U.S. cities and in more than 75 countries help U.S. companies get started in exporting or increase sales to new global markets. To find out more about how the U.S. Commercial Service can help you achieve export success, visit www.export.gov.
put in the middl
LatinFinance is the leading source of intelligence on the financial markets and economies of Latin America and the Caribbean. As the volume of information on the region grows, our role of cutting through the clutter to identify events of immediate significance and lasting importance to Latin America and the Caribbean becomes ever more vital. LatinFinance is the essential provider of news and analysis that cannot be found anywhere else. www.latinfinance.com
Rodrigo is founding partner at Derraik & Menezes Advogados, chairman of the entrepreneurship and venture capital Committee of ABVCAP (Brazilian Venture Capital and Private equity association), board member of the ABFintechs (Brazilian Fintech Association), Brazilian Social Task Force and of Anjos do Brasil. As an attorney, Rodrigo represents foreign and local VCs, corporate ventures, startups and entrepreneurs in several venture capital and impact investment deals. He is a professor in several universities in Brazil, such as FGV – Fundação Getúlio Vargas and INSPER, teaching legal aspects of venture capital and private equity investments for graduation and post-graduation programs. Rodrigo holds a master in law from IE – Madrid and attended the Venture Capital Executive Program at Haas School of Business, UC- Berkeley.
ABStartups exists to build the ideal environment for startups to transform the country. We inspire, empower, connect and advocate for startups, because we believe in the role of innovation as a driver of positive transformation for the country.
Derraik & Menezes offers creative and innovative solutions to companies and startups acting in the FinTech space, combining cutting-edge experience and practice in innovation, startups and HiTech companies, IP, tax and regulatory.
The firm is also directly involved in the structuring and creation of ABFintechs – Brazilian Association of Fintechs.
In a market with increasingly fewer economic barriers, it is important to be in constant contact with specialized professionals who are in tune with world economic trends. In such a global market, it is vital to have qualified consultants certified in specific countries to help ensure proper international accounting, taxation and legal compliance, with security and excellence. In order to deliver an exceptional level of high quality service, the consulting performed by Drummond Advisors presents a set of skills that differentiates us in the market, allowing greater efficiency, timeliness and promptness in service.
17 September, 2018
Morning – Arrival from U.S. and hotel check in
Meet in hotel lobby for private coach to sector briefing and no-host dinner
Market briefing U.S. Embassy
Co-Chair: U.S. Commercial Service, Financial Services, Brazil
Restaurant Churrascaria Vento Haragano (vegetarian meals available)
Private coach back to delegate hotel
18 September, 2018
Registration, delegate hotel, light breakfast
Welcome and Morning Briefing: Financial Services and FinTech in Brazil (20 minutes)
Morning One-on-One Meetings
- 12:00 Thank you to morning Brazilian companies
Lunch U.S. and afternoon Brazil companies
Welcome and Afternoon Briefing: Investment Opportunities in Brazil FinTech (20 minutes)
Afternoon One-on-One Meetings
Meet in lobby for private coach to U.S. Consulate General Residence
Hosted Reception Consul General Residence
Private coach return to hotel
19 September, 2018
- Morning: Private coach to B3 – BOVESPA, Brazil Stock Exchange
Private coach return to hotel
Past Brazilian Projects
PHM International has run several banking and financial technology projects in Brazil and with Brazilian companies in the U.S. Past Brazilian and U.S. companies that have been part of PHM International Brazil focused projects include Banco do Brazil, Itaú, VMware, Bradesco, Banco Central, Chain, NetApp, FEBRABAN, ZL Technologies, Caixa Economica, Palo Alto Networks, Cielo, IBM, Plug and Play, Daon, Oracle, and more.