APAC FinTech Roadshow to Hong Kong: a Certified Trade Mission for U.S. FinTech companies.
Presented by the U.S. Commercial Service
Facilitated by PHM International
CTM: 04-08 November, 2019 – registration & acceptance required
Selection Criteria and Profile
U.S. companies must be pre-qualified to participate in this Fintech Roadshow and an invitation may be obtained by registering below. CTM invitees represent a select group of top U.S. FinTech companies, investors, incubators and accelerators. The group will consist of a range of investment strategies, sector focuses, and geographic preferences.
Attendance in this Certified U.S. Trade Mission is limited to 15 U.S. companies and investors and a total 20 U.S. participants to maximize the level of overall access and one-on-one meeting opportunities. Based on past interest and participation, we expect demand to be very high. Attendees will be accepted on a rolling basis up until the deadline of September 20, 2019.
APAC Companies and Investors: APAC FinTech, financial companies, and investors will be invited by our co-chairs with PHM International. We expect strong attendance from more than 40 highly qualified FinTech, finance, insurance and banking companies to attend. This Certified Trade Mission will provide you the opportunity for one-on-one private meetings with each U.S. company or investor in attendance.
NOTE: The US Government, particularly the U.S. Department of Commerce and the U.S. Embassy are not involved in selecting or recruiting for this mission. Such selection and recruitment is strictly left to the mission organizer. The U.S. and foreign commercial service support the goals of this event, but do not endorse the specific products or views of the participating organization.
Registration and Fees:
Attendance is limited and companies must be qualified. The quantity of U.S. participants is strategically limited to maximize the level of overall access and one on one meeting opportunities with the APAC FinTech attendees. Since space is limited, we encourage you to register immediately to reserve your spot. To register click here or scroll down.
First Attendee from US company*:
Paid by 02 August: $5,500.00 USD
Paid by 02 September: $6,000.00 USD
Paid by 19 September: $6,500.00 USD
After 19 September, IF AVAILABLE, $6,500.00 USD
Second Attendee from same U.S. company, $750.00 USD*
Registration fee includes:
Roadshow one-on-one meetings and receptions in Hong Kong; attendance at Hong Kong FinTech Week. Full payment is required (after completion of the questionnaire and acceptance) to reserve your attendance and is due immediately. PHM International will work with FinTech start-ups that may qualify for STEP state grants and other discounts.
*FinTech startup discounts available.
Registration fee does not include
Hotels (Roadshow official hotel discounts available.)
Meals other than during the events
Hong Kong FinTech Week conference/event transfers
Train & Conference ticket to Shenzhen
The cancellation policy is as follows:
60 days or more from event: Refund of 75% of full Payment
59-30 Days from event: 10% refund
Less than 30 days from event: No refund
Cost benefits of participating in this Roadshow, a Certified Trade Mission:
- The U.S. Consulate is the “convener of stature” for the Certified Trade Mission which lends a prestige to the event, helps guarantee the quality of the attendees, and limits the attrition prior to the event.
- Without the trade mission format it would be impossible to arrange up to 10 meetings in one day with pre-qualified APAC and Hong Kong. It would require multiple days and multiple trips. This is a major benefit in terms of dollars, time, and energy saved.
- The same level of meetings would probably require a minimum of two to three trips to meet the same number of high-level people. These additional trips are equivalent to, or will cost more than this one Trade Mission in terms of airfare and hotel.
- Without U.S. Government support, and due toAPAC’s business environment, you would most likely need to hire an in country representative, which would be a significant up-front cash expenditure.
- There are no commissions charged on any deal – investment, partnership, or sale you generate from the Trade Mission – ever.
- There is a cost in time and energy involved in identifying prospects, securing contact info, contacting the prospects, convincing them to meet and then coordinating the schedule in an efficient manner. The Trade Mission takes place on one day and all the pre-qualified and vetted APAC and Hong Kong companies come to you. This is a major advantage and a significant save in time, expense and opportunity cost. It is true: “Time is Money”.